We are seeking an experienced Art Director for the development of a new Hack and Slash title!
The Art Director is an industry veteran and craft expert. They have practical experience in defining and maintaining a world-class artistic vision to support the overall game vision with a proven execution to ship. They will coordinate large teams of artists across multiple subject areas to execute on the creative promise for a large-scale new project. The ideal candidate has been in a Senior/Lead role on multiple titles and is able to bring to bear their expertise in content creation, collaboration, and communication to craft immersive and engaging player experiences.
- Develop the aesthetic pillars of the project, so it can be executed via defined specifications, reference materials, and style guides for environments, characters and creatures, props, lighting, and special effects. Ensure all art assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the vision of the game.
- Partner with the leadership team to identify and solve artistic challenges including defining a stylistic vision, establishing and maintaining aesthetic standards, and influencing the technical direction to best support the artistic, design, and narrative goals.
- Build, lead, and guide a team of cross-disciplinary artists through all phases of development and champion their needs.
- Maintain art scope and focus of an ambitious vision, including refining the process for developing estimates, crafting efficient content, and establishing clear review gates.
- Collaborate across art, animation, design, audio, programming, and user research to reach project goals and offer art-driven solutions to design challenges.
- Thinks of themselves as a game developer first, and an artist second
- 5+ years in an Art Lead or Art Director role.
- Be competent in 2D, 3D, VFX, Lighting, Characters, Materials, Environments, Level Design etc.
- Comfortable using game engines (ideally Unreal) and is fluent in working with its Materials.
- Ability to lead artists to high quality results by quickly providing clear and meaningful feedback.
- Can handle with ease verbal and written English communication
- Has explored the a art style of Darksiders 2,3
- Has explored the art style of Bloodborne and Lords of the Fallen